This is a low-FODMAP recipe for sushi by Pia.
Sushi, a little different! Instead of typical sushi rice and nori sheets, this recipe - inspired by the raw food movement - works with glass noodles and raw food. This sushi recipe is low in FODMAPs and also vegan. A delicious tea or dry white wine goes very well with the rolls. The sweet chili sauce gives the sushi an exotic touch.
For the recipe you need:
For the sushi glass noodle rolls:
1/2 pack of glass noodles (made of rice)
1 handful of lettuce
2 tbsp peanuts (chopped)
1 tbsp peanut oil
For the sweet chili sauce:
4 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
2 tbsp rice syrup
2 tbsp boiling water
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 red chili (chopped)
Preparation of the glass noodle summer rolls:
- Let the glass noodles steep in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Cut all carrots into strips and braise them in the pan with peanut oil.
- Cut the avocado into strips.
- Wash and cut the lettuce.
- Cut the cucumber lengthways into very thin strips.
- Roll the sushi rolls: Cut the glass noodles and place them on the cucumber, place the carrots, avocado, and nuts on them and roll them into the cucumber.
- Finally, stir in the sweet chili sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl and arrange so the rolls can be dipped in it.
- All ingredients that do not fit into the sushi rolls can simply be placed in a salad bowl and mixed well. Optionally, some fish can be fried and added to the salad with a little chili sauce and served with the glass noodle rolls.
The vegetable ingredients can also be replaced or supplemented by other low-FODMAP vegetables. Have fun! The sushi rolls are just light and tasty :)